3D Environment Artist – Witch It (d/f/m)
Who we are
Barrel Roll Games was founded in 2017 as an indie game studio which successfully published the humorous Hide & Seek title
“Witch It” and won prices such as “Best German Game” in 2018 (Deutscher Computerspielpreis).
We’re striving to create the most enjoyable game experience for players, who want to have an amusing time with their friends.
We´ve always been aware of how important it is to emphasize the individual strength of every team member.
We are looking for a ”Regular Environment Artist” to work with us on “Witch It” Since we are a small Indie developer, we are searching for a versatile creative allrounder in the 3D Environment Art field with a passion for stylized 3D art.
- Translate 2D concepts into 3D including modeling, texturing, UV-mapping, etc.
- Create quality 3D content (e.g. architecture, nature, props) for existing and new maps
- Create quality textures and PBR materials for your 3D assets
- Implement 3D content into the Unreal Engine
- Create playable props
- Create prop layouts for various maps
- 3+ years experience of world building experience with an industry leading level editor. UE4, Unity, etc.
- Great understanding of shape language, silhouettes, composition and light in relation to crafting environments
- A high level of proficiency in tools for modeling (3dsMax, Blender, Zbrush or equivalent)
- PBR texturing and materials (Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop)
- knowledge of creating realtime materials/shaders in Unreal Engine
- Self-motivated, independent and creative
- strong communication skills (English or German)
- experience with shipping a PC/Console game
- experience with stylized low poly modeling
- strong experience within working in the Unreal Engine
- great experience with handpainted textures
- strong Substance Designer skills with stylized Textures
- have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for ‘Witch It’ and its fantasy universe
What you can expect from us:
- We work 100% remotely. You decide where you want to work!
- Freedom and flexibility for your perfect work-life-design.
- 30 days of paid vacation + off-days on 24 th and 31 st December.
- Attractive salary
- Small, young and highly motivated team
- Open space for your ideas to shape the future of Witch It
- Appreciative and a Start-up working culture
- Performance goes prior presence: we measure your success by your results
- Support and regular exchange and communication – always feel connected as #ONEteam
Mandatory: Artists should include a portfolio to their application.
(e.g. ArtStation link)