Regular Game Engineer (d/f/m/∞)
Who we are
Barrel Roll Games was founded in 2017 as an indie game studio which successfully published the humorous Hide & Seek title
“Witch It” and won prices such as “Best German Game” in 2018 (Deutscher Computerspielpreis).
We’re striving to create the most enjoyable game experience for players, who want to have an amusing time with their friends.
We´ve always been aware of how important it is to emphasize the individual strength of every team member.
- End-to-end implementation for console platforms
- Solving console platform specific problems
- Optimizing user experience for console platforms
- Operating submission process for console platforms
- Assisting XboxLive and Playstation Network integration
- Implementing new gameplay features in blueprint
- Analyzing and optimizing existing code
- 3 years of proven practical experience with Unreal engine (C++ and Blueprint)
- Experience with multiplayer game development
- Strong hands on mentality and great interest to evolve
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices to write clean code
- Be able to work on existing code
- Passion for video games
- Strong communication skills (English or German)
- Experience with porting games to Xbox, Playstation and/or Switch
- Have successfully worked on shipped titles
- Based in Germany
What you can expect from us:
We work 100% remotely. You decide where you want to work!
Freedom and flexibility for your perfect work-life-design.
30 days of paid vacation + off-days on 24 th and 31 st December.
Small, young and highly motivated team
Open space for your ideas to shape the future of Witch It
Appreciative and a Start-up working culture
Performance goes prior presence: we measure your success by your results
Support and regular exchange and communication – always feel connected as #ONEteam